QUICK STARTUP GUIDE: Backend Admin Panel
Home Screen & General Orientation:
When you log in to the backend of your OpenField account you will see your HOME screen. This is the default view and it displays a general overview of key information and is a portal where you can manage your information. You can always click on the HOME button on the left side navigation menu to return to this view.
In the upper right corner you will see your username, or the email you use to log in to the system. When you click it a dropdown will appear that will allow you to change the color scheme of the backend system, view your frontend website, change your password, and log out.
On the left side of the screen is the side navigation menu. This is always viewable by default but can be minimized by clicking the three horizontal lines in the top left corner. In this menu you will also see a button that says MANAGE. This is the primary button that will allow you to navigate the many functions of the backend system.
If you select MANAGE on the side navigation menu you will be shown a list of the different subsections of the backend.
- Users: a hub to manage all of your users
- Conversation Codes: a hub to manage all of your Conversation Codes
- Scripts: a hub to manage all of your scripts
- Questions: a hub to manage all of your questions used in your scripts
- Labels: a hub to manage all of the lists that you have uploaded
- Languages: a hub to manage all of the languages selectable by your users, these include languages spoken by your organizers as well as the people they contact.
- Pronouns: a hub to manage all the pronouns selectable by your users, these include pronouns used by your organizers as well as the people they contact.
Users & Permissions:
To manage all of your users click on MANAGE in the side navigation menu on the left side of your screen and then select USERS. You will then be taken to your user hub where you will be able to manage all your users and their permissions.
To add a new user, click the ADD USER button in the top right of the screen when you are in your user hub. From there, follow the prompts to create an action, set up someone’s passwords, and set their permission level. Important note: you cannot delete users who have knocked any doors or made any calls since all contacts are linked to the organizer who made them. Instead, we recommend deactivating users who are no longer active.
Permission levels give users with administrative access different levels of access.
- Is active: User is active. If disabled, disables user's credential overall. Minimum for functioning organizer credential. Organizers cannot create anyone, even with admin access.
- Has Admin Access: If user is active, then enables user to access the admin. Does not enable them to create any users.
- Is staffer: Field organizer access. Must also have Admin Access included. Can create other organizers, but not other staffers.
- Is field director: Field director access. Must also have Admin Access. Can create field organizers and organizers, but not other field directors
- Superuser status: AKA Data Director Access. Must also have Admin Access. Can create anyone and do anything on the backend.
You can also adjust the permission level for a user once that user has been created. In your user hub, click on a person’s name and you will be taken to their profile. There are 2 tabs at the top of a person's profile: GENERAL and PERMISSIONS. The GENERAL tab is selected by default when you click into a person’s profile and allows you to adjust basic information about them. To adjust the permissions of a user, click on the PERMISSIONS tab in their profile and set their permissions level to your desired amount of access.
IMPORTANT NOTE: for your permissions to work appropriately you must select permissions up to, and including, your desired level of permission.
Conversation Codes allow you to connect a list with a script and make it easy for your volunteers who are using the front end system to sign in and have a group of individuals to contact already segmented for them.
To view your existing Conversation Codes or add/remove a Conversation Code click on MANAGE in the side navigation menu on the left side of your screen and then select CONVERSATION CODES.
Once in the conversations code hub, you can add a new Conversation Code by clicking ADD CONVERSATION CODE in the top right corner or modify an existing code by selecting it from the list of codes.
To view analytics from a Conversation Code go to your HOME screen and click on an active Conversation Code to be taken to the analytics page for that code.
Once in the analytics for a Conversation Code you can select two main items. 1) a series of tabs along the top below the title named: OVERVIEW, ATTEMPTS, CONVERSATIONS, CANVASSERS, MANAGE. 2) the ability to select a timeframe for the information displayed in each one of these tabs.